• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Mechanic Smyrna Marietta / spit out spark plug ford ?

happens all the time with fords after they get miles on them. I fix quite a few of them. nornally runs around 150-200. I don't use heli-coils. I install thread certs(solid theard repair)Most ot time they can be fixed with pulling head

happens all the time with fords after they get miles on them. I fix quite a few of them. nornally runs around 150-200. I don't use heli-coils. I install thread certs(solid theard repair)Most ot time they can be fixed with pulling head
You near Marietta ?

The 5.4 2003 older spit plugs because fords brilliant engineers thought two engaged threads were plenty

2004 newer break plugs because fords brilliant engineers made the porcelain the exact same size as the hole.
Works fine until carbon build up on it. Then it can't fit back out. It snaps the plug in half leaving half I the engine

Also put nickel based antisieze on the spark plug shank. (the elongated part of the plug that is about an inch long and protrudes down inside
image.jpg
image.jpg
the spark plug hole). This will prevent carbon from building up on it BUT DO NOT get antisieze on the plug igniter. It will cause the plug to misfire and screw up your 02 sensors.

Also the original OEM motorcraft plugs in 04, 05 yr model 5.4 engines were two piece crimped together. The upgraded plugs (Motorcraft SP515) is welded together and aren't so prone to break. The best broken plug removal tool is made by Lisle and their part number for it is 65600

Back
Top Bottom