• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mechanix Suppressor Covers $9.99!

Per the internet, they are not. The walmart .99 silicone pot holders are light-years ahead apparently.
*To all on this thread, there is a tag that is in the inside of these things that you have to remove. That's what people are complaining melts and sticks to the suppressor. I've removed them from mine and dumped 60 rounds through my surefire RC2 in a minute or so with no problems despite the suppressor almost glowing*

I've got some of mine silicone wrapped and they fall apart with any sort of reasonable rate of fire. Luckily they don't melt to the suppressor so you can easily replace the silicone whenever they start to melt. The silicone has to be held on by something and I've melted the p-cord I had wrapped around some of mine. I was planning on doing both for these. Run silicone around the suppressor, throw the mechanix cover over the silicone and wrap in p-cord. I'll report back in here once completed and I complete some testing.

*To all on this thread, there is a tag that is in the inside of these things that you have to remove. That's what people are complaining melts and sticks to the suppressor. I've removed them from mine and dumped 60 rounds through my surefire RC2 in a minute or so with no problems despite the suppressor almost glowing*

I've got some of mine silicone wrapped and they fall apart with any sort of reasonable rate of fire. Luckily they don't melt to the suppressor so you can easily replace the silicone whenever they start to melt. The silicone has to be held on by something and I've melted the p-cord I had wrapped around some of mine. I was planning on doing both for these. Run silicone around the suppressor, throw the mechanix cover over the silicone and wrap in p-cord. I'll report back in here once completed and I complete some testing.
Stainless wire/zip ties are solution.

Back
Top Bottom