• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

medal identification/ ww2 medals

dakota port

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
178   0
Reaction score
I just bought this lot of medals and ribbons from ebay and want some info, was the star given out often? the star has JOHN O. FAULKENBURY engraved on it

i know my rifles well but medals are a side hobby of mine, the star medal was my main objective and for $12 I couldn't lose

IMG_0126.JPG

IMG_0127.JPG

IMG_0129.JPG

edit: the missing medal is the army of occupation medal i have found ( just very faded on the ribbon)

^This. I find it worrisome that the story that goes with the medal gets forgotten. :(

It happens more than you would think. A medal to a Soldier is nothing in comparison to that Brotherhood that put him in that position. I know quite a few Soldiers that if they died today, that story would be lost. Maybe it hits you more when you are older. I just know that my kids know nothing about any of my stuff.

It happens more than you would think. A medal to a Soldier is nothing in comparison to that Brotherhood that put him in that position. I know quite a few Soldiers that if they died today, that story would be lost. Maybe it hits you more when you are older. I just know that my kids know nothing about any of my stuff.

As the son of a WWII vet with little passed on history... fix that please.

You should definitely share the stories of what it meant to be able to trust the man beside you and know he trusted you.

You should definitely share the stories of what it meant to be able to trust the man beside you and know he trusted you.

My father was drafted into nam and I'm retired Army and he still hasn't talked to me about it. Its not as easy for people to talk about with loved ones as you think. I will with my daughter's when I think they are ready to hear it.

Back
Top Bottom