• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Memories of an O1

Off post on Lawton, they (and the pawn shops) were like vultures. The check cashing places were worse. Hell even one dumbass that graduated from my own alma mater told me he used one to cash his first paycheck. Instead of opening a checking account like the rest of us, he paid some vultures $160 to cash a damned green Federal paycheck.
Wow, yeah, I was at Sill, now they make all of them sit through a class to warn them about all the dangers before they are allowed to leave the gates.

I am a proud alumni of the E-4 mafia. At the time, I was a buck sergeant and a family man. Spent my raise on a brand, spanking new 1984 Mazda B2000 SE-5. I still remember the commercial jingle as their red truck drove through the surf at the beach: "Only Mazda's got a sporty truck for $5995."

20191111_031352.jpg

I am a proud alumni of the E-4 mafia. At the time, I was a buck sergeant. I was a family man. Spent my raise on a brand, spanking new 1984 Mazda B2000 SE-5. I still remember the commercial jingle as their red truck drove through the surf at the beach: "Only Mazda's got a sporty truck for $5995."

View attachment 6043225
LOL, I remember those little pickups with the rear window as a head rest.

I am a proud alumni of the E-4 mafia. At the time, I was a buck sergeant and a family man. Spent my raise on a brand, spanking new 1984 Mazda B2000 SE-5. I still remember the commercial jingle as their red truck drove through the surf at the beach: "Only Mazda's got a sporty truck for $5995."

My sister and brother in law bought an 87 when he enlisted. They have been all over yet that B2000 lives in their garage in Atlanta to this day.

My sister and brother in law bought an 87 when he enlisted. They have been all over yet that B2000 lives in their garage in Atlanta to this day.
I sold mine to a captain for his son in 1990 after I pinned on captain. That truck is probably still running today in South Georgia.

View attachment 6043225
Sugar, love your photo with your truck!

Back
Top Bottom