• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Military Surplus Stores

I used to shop at old man Oz's in downtown Newnan, that old man would buy

It used to be but its been about 6-7 years since I was there. Back then it was only half the store dedicated to milsurp
…and the rest is either crap made in china or, almost boy scout quality BS.

It used to be there was cheap crap, and then there was quality gear that tended to be expensive (places like REI tends to sell quality gear) true Milsurp gear guaranteed a minimum level of military ruggedness.

The military surplus stores aint what they’re cracked up to be. If you know what stuff you want, do some research and buy it online.

How about NE? Used to be one in Athens although somewhat small and with a fairly static inventory. It was over in Normaltown but closed some time ago. I love wandering around a good army/navy surplus store to look for cool stuff.
Same here man! I get pretty much all my camping/hiking stuff from milsurp stores.

Yeah, if anyone knows of any good stores in other areas, feel free to post them here for others benefit as well.

Does anyone know of any military surplus stores in the West GA area. There was one in the Carrollton square but, I think it closed for good.
I haven't been yet, but this one looks legit. There was, may still be an old style surplus store in Athens. You knew it was legit by the smell when you walked in the door. Who doesn't miss the old musty gear smell. It's like the smell of of CLP mixed with military 5.56 powder as they both cook off of your M-16. I use Break Free CLP on my AR's and load my ammo with H335, CCI 450mag primers just to duplicate that smell, and every once in a while I get to share it with others who have never been. I LOVE IT despite the toxicity.

I used to go to one in Loganville, but it seems that many are out of business during Covid. I did buy a 3x French Surplus Field jacket liner last week cost was $32+ shipping, I figured it would be cheap. I got it and it's 100% French military , the jacket is as good as the US military has, I was surprised. Ordered 2 more for my brothers, who go love to go hunting.

I used to go to one in Loganville, but it seems that many are out of business during Covid. I did buy a 3x French Surplus Field jacket liner last week cost was $32+ shipping, I figured it would be cheap. I got it and it's 100% French military , the jacket is as good as the US military has, I was surprised. Ordered 2 more for my brothers, who go love to go hunting.
do you have a link?

Back
Top Bottom