• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mini Split suggestions

Ok ODT tribe, we are looking to finish a bonus rm that’s above the carport. It’s about 30’ long 20’ wide and is an open A- frame about 8’ to the crest.

I have searched a bit and they are all over the place. We plan on spray foaming the roof joists. What do you guys suggest?

Thanks!

I bought this one off Amazon for a bedroom in my basement for heating and cooling. Went with a smaller one as it's kind of cool down there anyway. Amazon had 0% for 18 months which made it a no brainer. The thing works great. I would have went with a Mr. Cool but they were out of stock.

Got one...
A 1 ton Mitsu system...21 SEER. Works great in our 360 sq ft Sunroom.
220V....wired by Darkdiesel Darkdiesel and installed by captdave77 captdave77
Running right now....shown upper right corner. Super efficient and economical.
sunroom.JPG

Got one...
A 1 ton Mitsu system...21 SEER. Works great in our 360 sq ft Sunroom.
220V....wired by Darkdiesel Darkdiesel and installed by captdave77 captdave77
Running right now....shown upper right corner. Super efficient and economical.
View attachment 4507852
Oh ya! That looks awesome. Our upstairs will be a playroom/getaway movie room. I can take care of the power. Need to upgrade and put a 150A panel in anyway and take the little 30A underground circuit fed from the main panel out I’ve had for outlets and lights. Already talked to EMC about it and they are being reasonable.

I'm going to put one in our garage. My son is turning it into a garage/gym. In terms of tonnage, is there a formula you need to apply in order to know what you need?

Back
Top Bottom