• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Minimalist reloading

It'll stabilize soon enough. There's a bit of a "mini-panic" going on right now but I doubt I'll be selling 5.56mm milsurp for $1 per round like I did in February 2013. If you can hold tight, do that. If we get into another full blown neckbeard stampede? When primers hit $100 per thousand (they've done that and higher) and powder is $450 for 8 lbs.?
Yea i want to be way ahead of the game if that happens.

When primers hit $100 per thousand (they've done that and higher) and powder is $450 for 8 lbs.? Reloading sux sweaty orbs.

If you're a prep-minded reloader and you let it get to that point...

iu

don't waste time cleaning and tumbling 223 yet. you'll have to do it again after you resize and trim/deburr.

buy once and cry once if you can afford to do so. My dillon 650 was $1300 shipped but I had it paid for in less than 2 years with just savings on 9mm.

A good budget press is a Lee turret. Especially if you don't "need" to crank out 800 rounds an hour. You can do 9mm, 223, 30-06, etc on that and caliber changes are really cheap and quick.

If you can afford to, buy everything in bulk. Don't waste time and money on 100 packs of primers at academy/bass pro. Wait til CCI or winchester has a good rebate and order 10k of them or more. Same with bullets. I buy 9mm projectiles from BBI in cases of 3,500 and they are less than 6 cents shipped.

feel free to shoot me a PM if you ever have any questions in the future.

don't waste time cleaning and tumbling 223 yet. you'll have to do it again after you resize and trim/deburr.

buy once and cry once if you can afford to do so. My dillon 650 was $1300 shipped but I had it paid for in less than 2 years with just savings on 9mm.

A good budget press is a Lee turret. Especially if you don't "need" to crank out 800 rounds an hour. You can do 9mm, 223, 30-06, etc on that and caliber changes are really cheap and quick.

If you can afford to, buy everything in bulk. Don't waste time and money on 100 packs of primers at academy/bass pro. Wait til CCI or winchester has a good rebate and order 10k of them or more. Same with bullets. I buy 9mm projectiles from BBI in cases of 3,500 and they are less than 6 cents shipped.

feel free to shoot me a PM if you ever have any questions in the future.
Right on. Thank you.

[makes note regarding palmettomoon estate sale]
Sorry, the idiot brother will not be allowed onto the property and my baby brother will be handling the estate. He's an OG neckbeard (literally had a neckbeard for most of his adult life, LOL)

Back
Top Bottom