• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mock Scrape

I mowed most of the roads on my place over this past weekend and didn't see any scrapes, but we usually have some early activity then it goes somewhat calm then comes back hard end of Oct. Man, I'm soooo ready for it to be here already!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
These were taken in Douglas County, during Sept, over a mock scrape. Note the key wick in the tree above the deer

I've had good luck bringing in curious deer just by scraping leaves away to fresh earth.

I've Killed three deer in one season just while they were investigating some Fresh earth I dug up.....no pee, just fresh earth......they're curious like cats and seem to get all giddy when they run across new and different things in their territory.

I was checking my cameras this weekend and saw what looked like a deer standing on its back feet about 30-40" away from the camera, the pic was taken about 4am.
I was curious so I went over to where they were, I found little area of bare dirt about 18" square and a broken stripped branch hanging almost directly above it about 5 feet off the ground. Any opinions on whether this the start of a scrape?

I cleared a bigger area of dirt around it and poured in some buck piss, it couldn't hurt right? Or did I screw up?

This is a forest stand by a creek. I have 3 or 4 does that regularly show up and in the last 3 weeks a couple of 3-4 year old bucks have been coming with them.

I was checking my cameras this weekend and saw what looked like a deer standing on its back feet about 30-40" away from the camera, the pic was taken about 4am.
I was curious so I went over to where they were, I found little area of bare dirt about 18" square and a broken stripped branch hanging almost directly above it about 5 feet off the ground. Any opinions on whether this the start of a scrape?

I cleared a bigger area of dirt around it and poured in some buck piss, it couldn't hurt right? Or did I screw up?

This is a forest stand by a creek. I have 3 or 4 does that regularly show up and in the last 3 weeks a couple of 3-4 year old bucks have been coming with them.

Shouldn't bother it at all. Might make buckey boy a little angry. It's a little early for anything doe related but buck pee should be fine. Check it next time you are in there. If it looks different then the buck that made it is taking it back.

Back
Top Bottom