• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Moles!!!! Hunters...city/burb dwelling hunters that is...I need your desperate help!!!

Bought a couple of these... Will try them...

WAIWAI Solar Mole Repellent 2 Pack, Sonic Mole Deterrent Pest Rodent Repellent, Chaser Mole,Gopher,Vole Repeller Spikes for Yard Lawn Garden,Waterproof

• No mole hills will appear in your yard-Solar Mole Repellent is an environmentally friendly way of minimizing damage to your farm, garden, lawn or yard caused by moles, voles, shrews, gophers, and destructive ground rodents.
  • 5,500 square feet coverage-1 Pack mole repellant spikes will cover approximately 42 feet in radius, an area of 5,500 square feet. Emits sonic pulse every 15-45 seconds.This is a piercing Ultrasonic pulse and vibration that will penetrate the soil underground, which will not physically harm these pests, only let them feel uncomfortable and escape.
  • Safety and environmental protection-Harmless to the environment, humans and pets.Eliminates the use of mole traps, mole killer or mole poison.

61cX9D92vfL._SL1500_.jpg

Another vote to get rid of their food sources.
Also the electronic mole deturants work to help prevent their return.

If you use pesticides, be careful of run off. Especially if there is a water source nearby.
I always use pesticides on dry days then water in myself. Heavy rains just wash to much of it away.

Cat!

I worked at a place that sold shotgun shells and had a guy come in and buy a few boxes of 12ga buckshot. I asked what he was doing and he replied "I sit in my lawn chair with my side by side 12ga and when the little suckers poke their heads out I give them both barrels. Makes a hole about 3 inches deep and 6 inches across, I can't miss.

Find a mole trap. It is a midieval looking device with long metal spikes and a very strong spring. Kills the moles in their tunnels. Trap can be removed while leaving the mole corpse in the tunnel, dead and buried in one simple operation.
I use the mechanical traps too. It's always been my understanding the moles 'spreading' out are males in search of mates. I suppose new food sources might be a good reason too.

I've had good results with the pellet bait/poison. I don't remember the brand name but it comes in a cone shaped package.
Just make sure you get the pellets down in the hole far enough that your dog can't get to them.

Back
Top Bottom