• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Molle vest options

Sure_Shot

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
72   0
Reaction score
I’m taking a rifle class and am required to have vest or belt mounted AR mag pouches on my person. I already have a full duty belt with pistol mags and sidearm... which leaves me with vest options.

I need something that I can slip over my ballistic vest or with inserts. What do y’all recommend?

I have a rifle plated ballistic vest with molle attachments but it is heavy and not something feasible for a 24 hour class. Looking for something lightweight that I can run in that won’t break the bank.

I’m taking a rifle class and am required to have vest or belt mounted AR mag pouches on my person. I already have a full duty belt with pistol mags and sidearm... which leaves me with vest options.

I need something that I have slip over my ballistic vest or with inserts. What do y’all recommend?

I have a rifle played ballistic vest with molle attachments but it is heavy and not something feasible for a 24 hour class. Looking for something lightweight that I can run in that won’t break the bank.

Get a war belt... reduction the amount you put on your chest ...

The functionality is much more efficient.

Here is the setup I used overseas minus the pistol mag pouches and holster... this was formally set up with the M9 and issued mag pouches .

1749dac220cc838a91bee4f9e5165604.jpg

1d05091e53ef2e3cff24a8f9782882b6.jpg

ad5fcd1e6ef6aa4b0bc8175a29cd2afb.jpg

359e5935fbc15ddeef72c3c10b4763e2.jpg

d4045382686275e25bc7f5fcb3ef273a.jpg

I may have a war belts from the USMC I can give ya.

Your more than welcome to meet in 31807, 31905 area or ya can pay for flat rate shipping. Feel free to call me, my number is below.

To be clear, that m offering just the USMC war belt/ sub belt.

Respectfully
Chris.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I second the war belt for dismounted operation. Lots of good options out there, you can go cheap by going to Old Grouch's surplus and buy one of their MOLLE war belts that uses a surplus ALICE pistol belt. Total would be about $33 without pouches. Then go see Mike and Kellie - they had some decently priced pouches the last time I was there.

If they're out hit me up on PM; I work in Gainesville, and I've got extras. I'm sure we could work something out!

Here is the issues with mounting kit on a vest or body armor.

1: Adding weight to your torso over a long period will cause you to have back and lower back pain. Doesnt seem like a big issue unit you have worn weaighted kit for a hoooot minute.

2: Running dismounted operations it is harder for anyone to move when all your weight is applied to your torso. Your not able to get into small/ confined spaces etc.

3: Getting in the prone position: Getting in the prone position and getting up from the prone position with kit on your torso is and can be much tougher than your lit worn around your center of gravity.

4: Issue with mounting kit on torso: Like most Privates in the Military, You have to be intentional with what your carring as well as very well disaplined.

(Nothing bad against them what so ever) im drawing from experience here. Most folks I find to include Mil and LEO, seem to put more stuff they think they need because they have unuse realestate on their vest or body armor. I was bad about this as well when I was a young Private in the Army.

5: Making and accurate engagement from the prone position: When doing so with a vest full of stuff your body is not as low to the ground as it should be for stability. 100% of the time, if your vest or body armor has a bunch of stuff mounted to it you will not be making inaccurate rounds impact your intended target(s).

In closing,

Look at out ground combat forces now.

•The USMC has been using sub belts for almost 9+ years.
• Army is transitioning to Sub belts as of 1.5 years ago.
• Our Special Operations Forces have been using Sub belts for 10+ years.

Our SOF units is what the big componants are modeling after and will make a full transition at some point.

Your seeing more and lore LEO’s utilizing sub belts with their kit.. I’m not talking a duty belt incase some we building up an argument, ha.

Take mil lessons learned over the years in combat and apply it to best practices in your life... When I transitioned out of the Mil, I keep on with the pratcices I know and have known and expand on them through various training.

Respectfully
Chris

706) 580-3982

I have that War Belt for you if youd like it. Just reach out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom