• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

More NRL22 and PRS Rimfire Plus

IMG_8304.png

Yeti Spring Fling signups open today…

West Ga is putting together an early morning NRL22 and a late morning PRS Rimfire match back to back on March 16. Looking for a fun day at the range come shoot with us. There are lots of experienced and helpful shooters in ea squad guaranteed you’ll learn something and have fun too.

Here are the links to sign up :

West Ga NRL22

West Ga PRS Rimfire

So now the utubers are touting a rimfire 2gun aka DMR type match. I say, RIMFIRE, 22lr pistol and rifle. Not necessarily PRS, although some of the same types of barricades are used, scored more in a time-plus format with repeat shots allowed to neutralize a target.
This is great, I love a 2gun format.
BUT, I tried this 3 to 4 years ago and it seemed to chase off more shooters than attract. Many rifle focused shooters aren't comfortable with pistols (in competition) and vice-versa.
SO, how many of you out there are actually interested in shooting a 2gun RIMFIRE match? Not just that sounds cool, but, yes I'm ready to sign up.

So now the utubers are touting a rimfire 2gun aka DMR type match. I say, RIMFIRE, 22lr pistol and rifle. Not necessarily PRS, although some of the same types of barricades are used, scored more in a time-plus format with repeat shots allowed to neutralize a target.
BUT, I tried this 3 to 4 years ago and it seemed to chase off more shooters than attract. Many rifle focused shooters aren't comfortable with pistols (in competition) and vice-versa.
SO, how many of you out there are actually interested in shooting a 2gun RIMFIRE match? Not just that sounds cool, but, yes I'm ready to sign up.
I would be all over that 10000%. Sounds like I need to throw together a dedicated 22LR upper. The ole conversion kit for a 5.56 upper probably isn’t accurate enough

I’d like to see a 2 gun rimfire DMR match. If the MKIV 22/45 and CZ457 will work for the format. 20-30 yd multiple pistol targets like in the rimfire steel matches and still have the 75-300yd multiple rifle targets like we use in the PRS matches. I wouldn’t want to lose on the skills in rifle but just add a pistol skills to the stage.

I’d like to see a 2 gun rimfire DMR match. If the MKIV 22/45 and CZ457 will work for the format. 20-30 yd multiple pistol targets like in the rimfire steel matches and still have the 75-300yd multiple rifle targets like we use in the PRS matches. I wouldn’t want to lose on the skills in rifle but just add a pistol skills to the stage.
You bring up a good point. Would the rifle portion be more catered to a bolt action and long range/small targets with a focus on getting an impact or would it be more like 2gun with a semi auto and more intermediate range with larger targets with a focus on time with as many shots as you need to get your hits?

Back
Top Bottom