• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mosin 91/30 $169 OOS

There's no such thing as a "new" price for a Mosin. I'm pretty sure that pawn shops put those prices on there because SOMEONE pays those prices.
Well its not just guns. I saw a Shop Vac for $89.00 and I know I can get a newer model in a comparable size for probably $20.00 less. Used bikes for $199.00. Man please! I mean more power to him if he gets it from some Yankee tourists. But it ain't gonna be me.

I have always wanted one. Anything in particular to look for when buying one or are they all pretty decent?

Dunno how much help I can be, maybe someone can chime in with more and better info.

I looked at some at a pawn shop and it was obvious you wouldn't want one of those ones. They were severely beat.

The one I bought, you could wiggle the bolt out without pulling the trigger to release it. I replaced the bolt "carrier" I guess you'd call it? It was a $10 part and now it's good to go.

I have always wanted one. Anything in particular to look for when buying one or are they all pretty decent?

-you want the bolt and the receiver to have the same serial number, if the bottom plate, buttplate, bolt and receiver have the same number all the better(if it doesn't but it still closes smooth then your good)

-no long split in the wood stock directly behind receiver

-most have counter-bored rifling so if it does it doesn't really effect either its value or function(i have seen some with 1 inch+ off rifling missing from the tip but still shot great)

-all the triggers can be different so pick one you like the best if given the option to try them

Last edited:
If your just wanting a shooter....

Check the bore, dark can still be ok. Just clean it.

Counter bored is ok.... The Arsenal will have fixed the bore and countered bored about an inch to half inch.

Cycle the action/bolt. See if it's easy to open and close.

If you can.. Dry fire it....see if that bad boy will run. Can't hurt it.

Check the stock..look for cracks.

Check for rust and obvious pitting.

Round vs hex receiver....hex is older. Some say stronger,

Never had an issue with either type ever.

Check the magazine follower press it down with you finger - should be firm resistance.

Make sure sights are there and good to go.

That's about it.

Grab some ammo and have fun.

Great deer rifles and shtf rigs.

Guys, I apologize but we do not have these in stock. We haven't been able to get these for months as all our distributors are out of stock. It was a mistake that our website showed them as being in stock. We use two different systems to track inventory in store and online and then the two systems get synced. This item some how got out of sync. I have corrected that so that it now shows out of stock. I apologize for the error.

Matthew

Back
Top Bottom