• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mosin Bolt Help

Red Dawn

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
WOLVERINE
157   0
Reaction score
I have a Chinese Type 53 and the bolt does not match. It is a little stiff trying to extract the fired round and not as bad but after clambering the new round the bolt down is stiff too. Is there a recommended gunsmith local to the southside that I could get to polish or work it out for me. Maybe it's something I could do in the garage. Let me know any help is appreciated. Thanks.

order a bolt face w/extractor for about 10 bucks and replace the assembly as a unit. Even if you polish it out now the issue will return. You might want to replace your ejector as well, only about 4 bucks, and she'll work like brand new.

Look up some of the iraqvet8888 videos, he does some smoothing of the mosin operation. Goes into good detail too, I personally have not done it, but I guess I've just gotten use to the very stiff up stroke on the bolt handle after firing. Chambering is smooth and fast though.

I did some extensive cleaning on the barrel entry today and I tell ya it's a 100x's better than it was. There was a lot of build up there. Now the bolt feels good but I think I can get a little more out of it. I'll try it again tomorrow.
Look up some of the iraqvet8888 videos, he does some smoothing of the mosin operation. Goes into good detail too, I personally have not done it, but I guess I've just gotten use to the very stiff up stroke on the bolt handle after firing. Chambering is smooth and fast though.
I will watch some videos too. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom