• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Mosin Nagant Sightings at Cabelas...

image.jpeg

Looks like there's three left.....better hurry

I got a hex. 99.00 out the door 3 years ago. They had 3 cases at Cherokee. Saw them there 5 months ago for 119.00. They had 1 case to cherry pick.

It seems like Mosin rifles were about $69-$119 for the last 20 years, from maybe 1992-2013.
I never wanted one, although I thought about buying 5 of them at a time to put away for the zombie apocalypse so that I could distribute them to friends and family or sell them to my neighbors when they realize they need a gun and don't own one.

I didn't buy any of those Czech or Turkish 8mm Mauser rifles that flooded the market around 2000, selling for the same price range. Guns as low as $60 and ammo for 5 cents a shot (corrosive, 70 years old, but still working reliably).

At least I did pick up a few of the Nornico SKS's and MAK-90s when they were cheap. I didn't act fast enough to get a $69 SKS, but I bought two when they were $99.
Mak-90s were $199 at Hot Shots (now Wild West Traders) back 20 years ago.

When my dad was actively involved in guns and shooting in the 1950s, you could buy pretty much any bolt-action military surplus rifle for $20. That's why so many 1903 and '03-A3 Springfields were sporterized into scoped deer rifles. And why some of those 7.7 Jap Arisaka rifles were rechambered for more popular rounds. The guns were so cheap, you could put some money into modding them and still come out good on the value for your dollar.

Back
Top Bottom