• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mossberg 590-A1 12 Ga Tactical Shotgun

Lineman73

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
0   0
Reaction score
I sold a Smith & Wesson M&P15 for a outrageous profit at a gun show a few weeks ago and was compelled to go out and buy other "evil black firearms". The first item purchased was a Mossberg Model 590-A1 6 shot 12 ga tactical shotgun. The stock is black synthetic and the receiver and barrel with ghost ring sights are matte black. The barrel is improved cylinder bored. Fit and finish are good, as you would expect from Mossberg. I have added a buttstock shell carrier that holds an additional 5 rounds and I will be adding a weapon light in the near future.

I took it to the range a couple weeks ago and gave it a workout with buckshot and slugs. I shot 3" Foster type and sabot slugs as well as 3" 00 and #4 buckshot. I adjusted the ghost ring sight to hit point of aim at 25 yards with the slugs. Both sizes of buckshot hit center mass at 25 yards. 5 shots of each type of ammo left a really torn up target and me with a bruised shoulder. It was fun though!!

The 590 ate up all the shells I shoved down the 6 round tube magazine. They were 4 different brands and types of ammo and all cycled through the action perfectly. There were no failures of any type. All in all, I'd say that it is pure evil black home defense intimidation!! BOOYAH! :evil::heh::rip:

Attachments

• timthumb.jpg
    timthumb.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
I have the M590A1 that holds 8+1 and carries another 4 in the stock. It also has the ghost ring sights that I've coated with GLOW-ON sight paint. Ambient light will charge this stuff and keep 'em glowing from 10pm til almost 6am. This gun is a blast to shoot with 2&3/4 inch slugs and buckshot. The 3 inchers kick like an LCR357....not much fun. It's very accurate out to 100-125 yds with the slugs. I've hit a bowling pin at 100 yds with this thing. Along with my 2 CZ's, this gun will never be sold or traded.

THANKS GUYS, been eyeing one very carefully however until now had no information from anyone who had one, or
anyone who had fired and operated the equipment. Guess now is the time to make a decision!

Thanks again................

I LOVE my 590 Special Purpose. I know it is a bit different than the A1 model, but basically the same gun with a few extra things...

I haven't fired any shot out of the gun, only some slugs at the range. The slugs...well, it will let you know that its there. After about the 28th round fired, I could sure tell that my shoulder was going to be aching for a couple of days. Can't beat the cost to fun ratio though.

I know the 590 special purpose very well and it will eat anything .12 ga mixed or matched . in my opinion there is no other pumper that compares .

Back
Top Bottom