• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mossberg Model 151k

Howie

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
840   2
Reaction score
Got this one from another member....Of course the wrist was cracked almost all the way through...Tuff to find them without

crack..

I finished breaking it....it was just easier to repair that way. Acraglas and alot of filing and sanding and she's good to

go. Stronger than ever.

Rubbed it down with Tung oil for a nice non shiny finish.

Stripped the barrel to removed the rust and old Blueing

Cold blued it.

Took 3 Kids out right after work. They loved the feature of loading it through the stock and most of them couldn't believe it was made in 1951
DSCN1674.JPG
DSCN1673.JPG
DSCN1672.JPG
DSCN1671.JPG
DSCN1660.JPG

I learned to shoot on an old Remington bulpup. Same gun as the Browning SA22. I assume it was a Remington manufactured browning design. It was a youth model though and only shot the shorts.. I was (and still am) real bad about keeping my hands too close together and it bit me more than once since they spit the shells out the bottom of the gun. I am surprised I don't have a scar on my left wrist from that gun :lol:

Had one just like this that was busted in half like most of them. Wrapped in doped fabric but never got around to properly fixing it. Neat old gun

I learned to shoot on an old Remington bulpup. Same gun as the Browning SA22. I assume it was a Remington manufactured browning design. It was a youth model though and only shot the shorts.. I was (and still am) real bad about keeping my hands too close together and it bit me more than once since they spit the shells out the bottom of the gun. I am surprised I don't have a scar on my left wrist from that gun :lol:
Great stories! I love hearing them

Back
Top Bottom