• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Most rare C & R gun on ODT ever?

I was on a cruise recently and met a guy from Amsterdam. He was a former Marine for that country and did some sniping and from talking with him he still had his hand in the cookie drawer at some level.
Anyway he was telling me about some guys over there in Belgium and other places that would find a ditch and start digging and running a metal detector. The stuff they found was incredible. Steel boxes full of brand new barrells for the mg42 I think it was. US Army dumps with Tommy Guns still in cosmolene. It was interesting and there was a european arms market if you knew the right guy. I'm sure it was all verboten. But it was great tales. How about a NIB 1944 GI-Issue Thompson in original paper?

I was on a cruise recently and met a guy from Amsterdam. He was a former Marine for that country and did some sniping and from talking with him he still had his hand in the cookie drawer at some level.
Anyway he was telling me about some guys over there in Belgium and other places that would find a ditch and start digging and running a metal detector. The stuff they found was incredible. Steel boxes full of brand new barrells for the mg42 I think it was. US Army dumps with Tommy Guns still in cosmolene. It was interesting and there was a european arms market if you knew the right guy. I'm sure it was all verboten. But it was great tales. How about a NIB 1944 GI-Issue Thompson in original paper?

I need a towel...

Oh, and thanks to our wonderful gun laws, they would be relegated to museums or be melted down.

C&R covers a wide assortment of guns but if you want rare then you have to consider one of a kind pieces even better if owned by someone famous or infamous... knew a dealer that for about 10 years kept trying to sell me Goering's engraved gold and platinum cover walther ppk. beautiful work of art but not something you'd ever consider shooting. if you want to see high prices of just "normal" hunting guns..... look at best grade London large bore like say .577 or .600 nitro express double rifles... lets just say they will make your home mortgage look like small change.

Back
Top Bottom