• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Motorcycle Hub - A Place to Display Beautiful two wheelers!

Harley-Davidson produced the WLC for the Canadian military.
1677372968442.png

My bike.
Not much to look at, but it has its benefits-- like the ability to ride me 12 miles from home before overheating (EDITED: See FOOTNOTE)
and giving me a chance to sit on the curb and wait for it to cool off, which gives me time to admire the woods & the nearby cow pasture.

C2927F16-EE45-421E-8855-8C4691D8EEE8.jpeg

FOOTNOTE: I later found that I had not tightened the radiator cap all the way the last time I topped off the coolant!

So without the cap holding pressure, this cooling system allowed the liquid to boil prematurely. It's entirely my fault, not any defect with the Honda Shadow 1100.

Once I added more coolant and tightened the cap on fully, I was able to ride 30 miles on a 70° day, mostly in third and fourth gear, and I did not lose any coolant nor did the bike overheat.

View attachment 5404567

What, no love for big single-piston thumpers that spent the last 40 years riding the perimeter of a working ranch?

(Not mine, BTW. I saw for sale and I stopped to kick the tires-- but I decided not to cause I might break it.)
Yamaha is a great name. I think it was one of the first motorcycle I rode, a 250cc, I was in my earlier 20s

Yamaha is a great name. I think it was one of the first motorcycle I rode, a 250cc, I was in my earlier 20s
0C748932-50F0-49F3-BA2B-323507B6E415.jpeg

Yeah, my 3rd motorcycle was this Yamaha Enduro type of 2-stroke 250cc. This one was street legal for a while until I broke the mirrors and turn signal stems off in the woods. I used it to get my class "M"license more than 30 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom