• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Movies as a kid that changed you

Gordylew

Firefighter Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
191   0
Reaction score
Another thread brought up the movie JAWS, So that got me to thinking about the summer of 1975. It was brutally hot in Far Rockaway New York and I remember standing in line for hours to see the new JAWS Movie. I grew up on the beach and would cool off in the summer wading around in the water off of Rock Away beach. Being 7 years old I had a great interest in sharks, I remember drawing them all over my brown paper sack homemade book covers covering my schoolbooks. I walked into the that air conditioned movie theater, oh, felt so good. The lights went down, I was eating my popcorn, soaking up the grandness of it all. I remember when that damn head popped out of the boat, scarred the beloved Jesus out of me. I remember never going back to the beach again, I started taking showers because I was afraid a damn shark would come up through the pipes and get me. The movie was filmed a few miles down the beach around Amityville, I think. Less than year a
prior some nut named DeFeo shot up his family with a Marlin 35 in that same community, of course that house reminded me a lot of the house where we lived, but that's another topic for later. So, what Movie as a kid left an indelible mark on your psyche?

Top Gun
Was the first movie I went to see in theatre without parental supervision. A friend and I watched it everyday for years, enough that we wore out a copy that was bootlegged off of showtime. When my wife and I met she came with two movies, top gun and toy story. We didnt have cable so we watched them often. Its where I was bitten by the motorcycle bug.

Back
Top Bottom