• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Moving a gun safe

I have moved several even in house trailer, not a big deal. You have to have three people that can lay it on its back and then upright it again. A rug or movng pads will make it slide easier. Take your time and no problem. You can lay it in the back of pick up and slide it out in place of arrival.

I moved four this summer with the help of my son and a friend. A fourth person would have really helped.

Used a U haul 14 ft. truck for the safes and some other items.

Rent an appliance dolly and when possible slide it on it's back on cardboard.

Uphill from old basement to driveway and then down hill to new basement.
gravel path to front of house.JPG
IMG_20190519_155551.jpg
Safe 1.JPG
Safe 3.JPG
Safe 4.JPG

I moved my first safe twice. Unloading on the sand move, with 4 buddies "helping" me, we lost it and it hit me in the mouth breaking my 2 front teeth in half. After getting it in place and paying dental bills to have that crap fixed I swore I wouldn't do it again. I called @SafeCracka when I upgraded. Reasonably priced well equipped for the job. It was a drop in the bucket compared to the dental bill I paid. Qouldn't think of going any other route in the future. Highly recommend. As an added bonus he showed up with PearlDiver PearlDiver I should've gotten some $$ back for that now that I think of it.

They looked like a couple of gay neckbeards but neither tried to touch me inappropriately so I would say they are very professional gay neckbeards.
Good news, we still have neckbeards!

last safe I moved had to go down 13 steps outside, put straps around it and parked a Jeep with a winch at the top of the steps and winched it down, then onto a dolly for inside the house.

I’ve used furniture moving straps to move a couple of safes. I have the heavy duty straps that have a shoulder harness, not the forearm style, and the strap is 6” wide. I’m pretty sure that I purchased them at Northern Tool several years ago.

Two strong men and a third person to stabilize over uneven terrain and you should be good to go.
https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200310414_200310414

I’ve used furniture moving straps to move a couple of safes. I have the heavy duty straps that have a shoulder harness, not the forearm style, and the strap is 6” wide. I’m pretty sure that I purchased them at Northern Tool several years ago.

Two strong men and a third person to stabilize over uneven terrain and you should be good to go.
https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200310414_200310414

I guess I'm older than I think sometimes but I crapped my pants a little just thinking about moving a safe with shoulder straps...

All right, fellow ODTers... I know I must not be the only person who has a less than ideal (read: flat ground without stairs) place to put a gun safe. Wife has contacted a couple top google search options and they have all said probably not doable. We have an inclined driveway and would like the safe to be in a cellar type room on the lower level of the home. Access from inside probably not an option (staircase winds and likely too narrow), but if you can navigate some inclined ourdoor pathway areas (gravel/pea stone) and stairs, there’s a lower access door. From there, two interior doors and two stairs up into the desired room.

Looking at videos online, I can’t imagine that it’s impossible, but appreciate that it’s probably going to be very difficult. Am I crazy? Anyone have any experience getting a safe moved on unleveled property/terrain?

Thanks in advance.
I bet @ItBeMe could come up with something.

Back
Top Bottom