• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Moving all my gear to a new place. Looking for ideas for bulk rifle transport.

A friend did the same thing. He told me he wrapped each long gun in a blanket/towel, and then put them in bicycle boxes he got for free from his local bike store. Each bike box can hold a 50-60lb bike and are around 50 inches long, so it should stand up and easily transport.

Moving to a new place and want to move the safe contents on my own. Looking for words of wisdom on moving more than 3 rifles. I still have a few I did not lose in the lake.

Considering if I layer them in the truck bed between blankets or if there is a better way.

And no, tacos is not an answer this time!
Layer them in the truck bed between blankets like tacos!

Tacos is always the answer!

Last time I moved, I put the nicer ones in cases then wrapped/layered the rest in moving blankets.

I wrapped mine in towels, blankets, and bubble wrap. Then stuffed them in to a stack on budget safe. Taped them in place
So they wouldn’t shift. They did 3 months and a cross country move in the back of a POD and not a single issue.

I put the higher dollar stuff into a dedicated 3 gun safariland soft case in a pelican.

I put the most expensive gun I own in a holster and wore it.

And what about your safe? If you are having one moved, tell the movers you are selling it because you don’t have any guns and someone is buying it from you. The best place to leave it is the garage.

I bought a bunch of gun socks from home depot --
rented a very small u haul trailer --
layed moving blankets - harbor freight - on floor and lay long guns in layers of blankets -
ammo, powder, primers all separately boxed -- small boxes ---
grandaughter flew out to calif from texas and drove me, my tacoma and trailer here to ga --
just had to keep telling her to slow down at 80mph -- taco did not get great mileage on that trip --
all arrived in fine fettle --

A friend did the same thing. He told me he wrapped each long gun in a blanket/towel, and then put them in bicycle boxes he got for free from his local bike store. Each bike box can hold a 50-60lb bike and are around 50 inches long, so it should stand up and easily transport.
Don't know what you got, but, I was a professional mover for 12 years. We put guns in pads and put them wardrobe cartons. I would inventory them and hand them back to owners at delivery. You could also try gun socks.

Back
Top Bottom