• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Moving Ammo Within Georgia?

...... My wife suggested I just sell it. I am talking to my local gun store to buy it all. I don't have time to inventory and sell a couple boxes at a time.
That makes my butthole hurt and it ain't even my ammo. I don't think the OP ever did say how much ammo he's talking about. I know my LGS would ask me, if I asked them to buy all my ammo, "Are you crazy?"

My wife suggested I just sell it. I am talking to my local gun store to buy it all. I don't have time to inventory and sell a couple boxes at a time.

With the price and availability of ammo today I would keep it, but your stuff your wife's rules I guess.

That makes my butthole hurt and it ain't even my ammo. I don't think the OP ever did say how much ammo he's talking about. I know my LGS would ask me, if I asked them to buy all my ammo, "Are you crazy?"
He has the $ and can come to my home and see what's there (like he has done other times).

Do any of you know a company in the Atlanta area that will move ammo to Cleveland GA? We are moving to a new home, and the movers will not move it. I have read that there are companies that specialize in moving ammo. Would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks
Notice I asked about a company that will move ammo. They would be bonded and insured. If someone was injured while moving it, I would not be liable. That is why I asked about a company. Several of you have offered to move it for money or ammo, but there is risk and not sure that I am willing to expose myself to such.

I didn't expect people to post in this thread, I thought they would use PMs. I don't read ODT frequently, and just checked "Notifications" and saw all these replies. I was looking for a company that would move it, so there would be no liability issues. Of course I could move it myself, but don't want to. My wife suggested I just sell it. I am talking to my local gun store to buy it all. I don't have time to inventory and sell a couple boxes at a time.
I don’t understand what you think will happen if you move it yourself. Even if you somehow shocked the ammo enough to have one round go off (the possibility is so remote as to be impossible), it wouldn’t set off the others.
You would have to have over 2.5 tons (of explosive not brass and lead)to need a hazardous endorsement for the movers. I think they are trying to make a statement about your 2A rights more than an attempt at not breaking regulations. Or they are woefully misinformed.

Back
Top Bottom