• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Moving Back to North GA?

Piglatinhater

Default rank <5000 posts
ODT Junkie!
82   3
Reaction score
I've been in Raleigh since 2020 and a potential job opportunity has opened up in North Norcross. Formally lived near the Top Golf on the West Side.
School me on North Metro Atlanta to live and work? What's the cost/Salary needed for a family of 4?

Depends how far you're prepared to commute to get to Norcross.

To the north, everything's pretty congested until you get out near Cumming, so property prices and building density is pretty high nearer in than that. The 400 is pretty much a nightmare.

I don't know much about further east of Norcross. It looks a bit less built-out.

North Metro Atlanta is NOT North Georgia. This is North Georgia…….
37364940-FFE5-42B0-A99D-0655C90414F1.jpeg

2E72E50A-CD58-4945-9078-692E338E8620.jpeg

I've been in Raleigh since 2020 and a potential job opportunity has opened up in North Norcross. Formally lived near the Top Golf on the West Side.
School me on North Metro Atlanta to live and work? What's the cost/Salary needed for a family of 4?
100K+. more if you want a good school district and a house. But thats kind of a toss up not knowing lifestyle etc, The fancy Atlanta cost of living calculators for a living wage say $38-$40 per hour about 83K, but the houses in the area seem to be starting around 300-400K. If your bringing some equity in the house you are selling in Raleigh, (I know thats a hot market too) that would help.

Your day to day expenses should be similar to what you have now in Raleigh (food etc)

I

Flowery Branch to norcross isn’t bad if you have a peach pass and work weird hours. I line living in Flowery Branch. I started in Dunwoody in 1975 and have been moving north ever since. I lived in Sugar Hill 4 years ago and it has literally exploded.

Welcome home, brother

If you can find something east/northeast of Snellville, you might be ok. Loganville, Grayson, Winder, Dacula, Auburn. Idk about home prices, but seems to be a little less built up and congested. Bit of a commute to Norcross, but I wouldn't really want to be any closer than Snellville/Lilburne/Lawrenceville and with those you going to have to be really picky about what part of those cities you feel comfortable living in.

Back
Top Bottom