Moving trust out of state?

You have to do a 4473 on an nfa transfer you just don't have to do a background check.

Yeah, you're right...the 4473 is after the form 4...been so long since the last stamp came in, I forgot.....which leads to even more of a question...how can they ship straigh to your door?

Yeah, you're right...the 4473 is after the form 4...been so long since the last stamp came in, I forgot.....which leads to even more of a question...how can they ship straigh to your door?

I'm guessing something to do with Texas law- if you really want to know I guess you could call silencer shop or read the law yourself, but who has the time for that?

Once the Form 4 transfer clears the ATF, we will receive your shiny new tax stamp and will let you know immediately. At that point, if you want us to mail it to you, we’ll have you fill out an ATF Form 4473 electronically. This is the same form we’ve all grown to know and love over the years since we have to fill one out every time we buy a new firearm – and it typically only takes a few minutes to fill it out on your computer.At that point, we’ll mail you a physical copy that you’ll need to sign and return to us in a provided envelope. That’s it!
When we get the signed 4473 back from you, we’ll file it away and we’re also required to email a copy to your chief law enforcement officer (who will probably just file it away in the circular file). We will then wait the required seven days and ship your suppressor out as soon as that time elapses!
Remember that we’ll still ship your order for free – so there are no additional charges once you’ve purchased from us. We even pay the postage for your transfer paperwork!

Edit: Well I guess I did have the time- here it is,

478.96 Out-of-State and mail order sales.

(a) The provisions of this section shall apply when a firearm is purchased by or delivered to a person not otherwise prohibited by the Act from purchasing or receiving it.

(b) A licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, or licensed dealer may sell a firearm that is not subject to the provisions of § 478.102(a) to a nonlicensee who does not appear
in person at the licensee's business premises if the nonlicensee is a resident of the same State in which the licensee's business premises are located, and the nonlicensee furnishes
to the licensee the firearms transaction record, Form 4473, required by § 478.424. The nonlicensee shall attach to such record a true copy of any permit or other information
required pursuant to any statute of the State and published ordinance applicable to the locality in which he resides. The licensee shall prior to shipment or delivery
of the firearm, forward by registered or certified mail (return receipt requested) a copy of the record, Form 4473, to the chief law enforcement officer named on such
record, and delay shipment or delivery of the firearm for a period of at least 7 days following receipt by the licensee of the return receipt evidencing delivery of the
copy of the record to such chief law enforcement officer, or the return of the copy of the record to him due to the refusal of such chief law enforcement officer to accept
same in accordance with U.S. Postal Service regulations. The original Form 4473, and evidence of receipt or rejection of delivery of the copy of the Form 4473
sent to the chief law enforcement officer shall be retained by the licensee as a part of the records required of him to be kept under the provisions of subpart H of this
part.

Thread discussing it

Last edited:
It can be done but it is a hassle and takes mailing stuff back and forth to do it. I'd do it if someone really wanted to but it ends up taking an extra week of two. Ga is a small state. Easy to drive.

Back
Top Bottom