• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

MRE's

thehaitian0341

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
32   0
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm kinda new to this (not new to guns/outdoors, etc; but new to SHTF preparedness on a more detailed level beyond being an Eagle Scout). Anyways, I have a fair amount of rations (non MRE) already, but I also have a lot of MRE's. I was thinking about selling some to fund some other projects, etc. However; doing my research I saw a lot of people posting that it is now illegal to sell MREs. Is this true?

I have case B (Brown bags) and case C (White bag, winter rations), are these the kinds they are referring to?

Thanks for your time with a newbie

Last edited:
I believe this stems from a memo that the DoD sent to ebay regarding the sale of MRE that were still the possession of the US Government. Lot's of "military" and civilan MRE for sale all over the place. The government contractors often sell their production overruns to the civilian market.

Last edited:
There are two to three memos from the DoD (don't remember the specific office) on this situation. I have never sold "surplus (one's that are marked proeprty of the US government)" MRE's. I do know they are available through numerous sources. I guess if you sold them and were challenged by the feds it would be up to you to prove that you bought legally (but seriously I think they have more presssing matters on their hands right now).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom