• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

MREs

www.beprepared.com sells them in a couple of different forms - entrees only (very inexpensive) or the full kits. Here's a link to the product page - very reputable/reliable company:

http://beprepared.com/category.asp_Q_c_E_100_A_c2c_E_ln_A_name_E_MRE(MealsReadytoEat)

I also like www.safecastle.com - sometimes they have them in stock.

Ebay has cases for sale, with or without heaters, same manufacturers and assembly lines as the military and fresh production dates. Sometimes you can pick up cases for a great deal, but watch those shipping costs. Also, be careful to make sure you're getting the real deal and not some knock off brand.

There are also sellers on Amazon.com with products that have plany of reviews by actual buyers.

Were you talking about those emergency freeze dried food packs in buckets? I guess they're good for basic survival, but they taste a little like cardboard. I didn't like the Wise samples I tried. I stuck with Mountain House pro packs for our grab and go stock and Backpackers Pantry.

Bass Pro Shops also sells boxed instant meals with heaters included for about $6, but they don't have the long shelf life of an MRE - about 2 years.Great if you have kids and need a constant supply of fun food.

Last edited:
mres are ok for semi long term survival but are very expensive compared to do it yourself five gallon bucket storage. they also dont have as good as a shelf life down south as in other climates from my experiance. i have a back pack full of them stripped down. best way to buy them is by the entree separately to save money. there are some good sources online but am on phone atm. will post some links when i get home.

Anyone have any deals on them? I'm thinking about stocking back up on them. Or perhaps some of those 5 gallon tub jobs.

the survival store/kudzu tactical in marietta 1000 cobb parkway north suite b....A-pack mres,approx. 1400 calories per meal,case of 12 for about $85...closed sunday..will open at 10am monday...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom