• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mushroom hunting (Wild Mushrooms)

Hen of the woods foraged this evening.

20231025_190602.jpg

Now my friend told me but I don't believe a word he says ( he is worst than I am spouting out bulls**t to get people motors running and I mean real bad ) but he said the bright red ones with white dots on them where sought after up near where he lives. Aren't they psychedelic shrooms?

Now my friend told me but I don't believe a word he says ( he is worst than I am spouting out bulls**t to get people motors running and I mean real bad ) but he said the bright red ones with white dots on them where sought after up near where he lives. Aren't they psychedelic shrooms?
Those are amanita muscaria and, from my understanding, were used medicinally by native Americans for vision quests.

So, I have about 1500sqft of garden bed space in my greenhouse with a thick layer of wheat straw on top. A couple weeks ago, I innoculated about 120 3lb grain bags with mycelium of 6 different varieties. Was gonna let them fruit on back deck, but now our decks being redone. They are mostly oyster mushrooms. King Trumpets, pink, golden, blue, pearl, and some black poplar. I just put all the innoculated grain directly into the wheat straw over the beds and watered them in. I shook it down deep into the straw. One variety per bed. I also have a lot of wine cap innoculated straw I'm going to put down next week over all of this in each bed. Probably won't get great results with this, but it's all an experiment anyway and wasn't terribly expensive. If I get mycelium growing well in the straw I'm gonna play "Johnny Mushroomseed" and go spread that stuff everywhere likely in my woods. I'll post some pics if I get fruit.

They are Amanita mushrooms. I had a friend that would eat them in Alaska.

"The effect of these mushrooms can range from a mild sense of euphoria and introspection to more pronounced experiences of auditory and visual alterations."

Back
Top Bottom