• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mushroom hunting (Wild Mushrooms)

Santa brought me one of those oyster grow kits. It grew great and my daughter and I have started a tub and a few bags using the existing mycelium and supplementing it with oak sawdust and whole oats. We started them Monday and the mycelium growth so far is astounding considering to environment they are in. Hoping they do well and the kid continues being interested in learning.
Did the same same, oak dust, Quakers. But I bored 1inch holes into a dead oak and loblolly to plant into. They went wild. I knew a nutty old timer who used to pile horse/cow/chicken s*** on top of wet cardboard, cover with refuse, wait.

Are some of those stalks staining blue?

Oysters or honeys for the others?
Georgia is famous for Gallerina look alikes. Which has the opposite effect on most.

"Everything looks like a gallerina, so this probably ain't one."

Be careful out there. Just like reloading if you ask me. A lot of room for missing organs.

I've always been afraid to eat wild mushrooms. My luck, I'd cook some spaghetti sauce and end up trippin balls.
zzzzz200.gif

More like, you will cook some spaghetti and your liver will disintegrate due to eating a destroying angel. I think toxic ones are much easier to find in Ga that the ones containing psilocybin. The mushroom club of Georgia is a very serious group of fungi fanatics, you can certainly learn a lot but they are a bunch of libs so may be difficult to stomach.

Back
Top Bottom