• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Music Midtown cancelled ?

Too bad they decided to cancel, but the more they let rumors speak for them the more I believe it had nothing to do with the gun laws. Here's why:

Others along with myself had been complaining for a few years about them not following state law, but neither I, nor anyone to my knowledge ever threatened to sue them. We only informed them that someone could sue if their rights were violated.

Yet, guess what happened in 2021? Yep, they held their festival, and with no issues apparently.

Do you know what changed between 2021 and 2022? NOTHING. At least not with regard to us mere complainers.

One might point to the new permitless law as the culprit, taking us complainers off the hook for the blame, but all that did was remove the paperwork requirement for those already eligible to receive a weapons carry license.

If they are instead blaming a 2014 law that was clarified and upheld by the Georgia Supreme Court in 2019, then why did that not affect their 2021 festival?

Something smells fishy about this, especially since they are not telling what happened. They are a left wing company, and could give Stacey Abrams a bigger talking point if they'd just admit it was the gun laws. Why don't they?

Look, they've had high powered attorneys for years looking at our laws, and in every year including 2021 determined it would not be an issue, and apparently it hasn't been for them. Why was it in 2022? I don't believe it.

The ones upset at gun rights activists are giving them too much power if they think they were the cause. Something else is going on here.

Back
Top Bottom