• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Musical Instruments

Let me know if you need some assistance setting up or recording help. I have a Master's in Music Production and spent a few years building out studios for clients.
Thank you so much! I will definitely keep this in mind as I’m sure I’ll have questions! Have you used Logic Pro? I’ve never even owned a Mac lol. Watched some tutorials on Logic. For the most part it’s straight forward until you get into the deeper technical stuff. I’ve really been focusing on drumming lately. It’s been many years and I’m trying to get my chops together before I go recording. I’ve been playing guitar for half my life when I really wanted to be drumming.

Thanks again for the offer!

Nice!!! I’ve got the Orange Crush 20. Super Crush 100 is on back order. I was hoping to get it in January, but I don’t think it will be here by then. Also have a Orange bass amp on the way. Love the brand, but also love Mesa as I see you do. I’ll never forget the first time plugging into my buddies Mesa Boogie tube amp and ripping a power chord! It blew me away. Until then I just played out of a tiny Dean Markley. What a memory. Beautiful guitar!
Yup. Orange makes good stuff. Tube is still king in my humble opinion, they make good solid state stuff but it doesn’t compress or bloom the way tubes do

My Les Paul likes the Boogie. The Telecasters prefer a little different tone.
4B038199-FDC5-4B84-8EC7-42C4B72565F7.jpeg

Thank you so much! I will definitely keep this in mind as I’m sure I’ll have questions! Have you used Logic Pro? I’ve never even owned a Mac lol. Watched some tutorials on Logic. For the most part it’s straight forward until you get into the deeper technical stuff. I’ve really been focusing on drumming lately. It’s been many years and I’m trying to get my chops together before I go recording. I’ve been playing guitar for half my life when I really wanted to be drumming.

Thanks again for the offer!

Yes Sir, Logic is a good program. I'm partial to Ableton and Pro tools, but Logic is absolutely capable.

I see you have acoustic drums. It is a headache to record drums but if you have the proper mics and audio interface to connect them, it'll be much easier. I recommend electronic drum kits for those new to recording. One simple USB cord and you're in business. Plus there's THOUSANDS of drumkits at your disposable so it drives creativity. I have 2 electronic kits myself.

For learning drums, I recommend drumless tracks to play along with. The best are songs you already know by heart. You can search for more on Youtube, but here's a good place to start:

For anyone getting into record (or sharpening their skills) here is a tip you SHOULD ALWAYS USE. It's a completely free way to make your recordings sound much cleaner:

It's called Noise Gate. It's perfect for turning a noisy room into a useable recording room. Most of us don't have a few grand to remodel a room by installing soundproofing and baffles to control the sound; let alone the expertise. So check this out and save yourself some time/ money.

Back
Top Bottom