• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My 1st and last ND Very nasty pics. I get to go back to work

Bgolden84

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
106   0
Reaction score
We all laugh and think of how stupid one must be when we see a self inflicted gun shot. I don't know exactly what the **** happened but I do know the outcome. I had a ruger LCR357 discharge through my left hand. I did not have my fingers in the trigger guard or on the trigger. It was time for the lcr to be cleaned. So I cupped my hand and went to open the cylinder and bang. The damn thing went off. I kept as calm as someone who had just been shot could be. Called 911 and the wife. Thank God my two year old was in a safe place.
I just wanted to let you all know that even the safe and knowledgeable can make mistakes and bad **** can happen. Stay safe and God bless you all
It was a critical defense jhp from Hornady
Updated pictures in post # 407,428, and 431
Updated on post 466
First physical therapy appointment update post 539

Last edited:
We all laugh and think of how stupid one must be when we see a self inflicted gun shot. I don't know exactly what the **** happened but I do know the outcome. I had a ruger LCR357 discharge through my left hand. I did not have my fingers in the trigger guard or on the trigger. It was time for the lcr to be cleaned. So I cupped my hand and went to open the cylinder and bang. The damn thing went off. I kept as calm as someone who had just been shot could be. Called 911 and the wife. Thank God my two year old was in a safe place.
I just wanted to let you all know that even the safe and knowledgeable can make mistakes and bad **** can happen. Stay safe and God bless you all

how the hell did you type that with your right hand?

Damn, just MOFO damn

You know the first thing I did was clear the weapon and make sure my son was ok. Then got the bleeding under control. My son was in another room. You always say that **** won't happen to me. Well it did. Please please please please be careful guys. I'm no dummy and I know that you are not supposed to aim a loaded weapon at your hand. But years of safety and confidence got a giant hole in my left hand

holly molly!!!!

so I have never been shot, how did it feel then and now??

Burn it burns so fing bad. It shattered every bone in my hand. My middle finger was toast. It was hanging by some skin. The best way I can try and describe it is this. The funny tingle feeling you get when you arm or foot falls asleep X 100000000000 then grab a molten hot chunk of steal and zip tie it to your hand. And the burn is the most odd feeling I have ever felt. Now after the surgery it's numb. But I know when the nerve block wears off this ain't gonna be fun. When it first happened they gave me 4 doses of fentinal (spelling is wrong I'm sure) and it didn't even take the edge off.

Back
Top Bottom