My 2nd SA M1 Garand

5bassman

Default rank <1000 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
124   0
Reaction score
Well, I was warned that I couldn't stop at one and how true that is. I recently posted a picture of my first Garand, a March 1945 SA Garand mixmaster with a GI sniper stock. Purchased it from Mr. Posey, the father of one of our members, who is a wealth of knowledge on Garands and a super guy to get to know. When I was about to leave with my first one he showed me his only all original that came from a room full of crates around 2009 at the CMP Collectors show. He picked it out and the CMP rated it as a Service rifle because it appeared to have a replacement windage knob. A little while latter the CMP was going through what didn't sell at that time and found out that a lot of the mid 50's SA Garands had the same DRC/IHC windage knob and posted a article showing the numbers in the GCA Journal in the Fall of 2010. So it appeared that this one is all original and should have been rated a Collector instead. Over the next week I couldn't stop thinking about this one and after a sell of another gun I headed back to get it. I really thought I would go with another brand but couldn't put this one down. Mr Posey made me an offer I couldn't refuse so it went home with me. Here's a few photos along with the first one. The latest is a June 1955 date. Another ODT member was there purchasing his first Garand, a Winchester. Hopefully he'll show us some pics of that one.

Back
Top Bottom