• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My best friend is a dead man...!

Floppy disk.....reel to reel

First "computer" I saw was made by TIMEX, had a wafer (touch pad) keyboard and required a cassette tape player to run programs from…. you also had to use the RF input on a TV for the monitor…..

First computer I used was a Tandy a friend let me borrow…. no hard drive…. all programs were run from a 5 1/4 inch floppy drive and it still required a TV for the monitor….

There's nothing better than getting paid to look out the window....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Windows was not the primary operating system.
The system booted into MSDOS and then the user typed the command at the dos prompt to start the Windows application or the command to start the applications which were not yet compatible with Windows.

Notice the size of the hard drive is 431 mb.

The commands executing at boot are to load the drivers for this new thing called a CD ROM drive, the top of the line sound card called a Sound Blaster, and to disable write behind caching.

Yes, I am old. :cool:
431MB?? Wow, you were lucky. Mine had 20MB.
First "computer" I saw was made by TIMEX, had a wafer (touch pad) keyboard and required a cassette tape player to run programs from…. you also had to use the RF input on a TV for the monitor…..
I still have one of those, somewhere!
Although it's pre-Timex - a Sinclair ZX-81. Only runs BASIC. A whopping 2k memory (I think).

This brings back memories, I cut my teeth on those things and windows for workgroups, dot matrix printers and bootrom machines. Gateway computers with the old gold logo and cow boxes. Good times. I think my current back issues stem from picking up too many crt monitors

Back
Top Bottom