• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

My clutch on my bike isn't fully disengaging when depressing the hand clutch.

With the bike off put it in gear and attempt to push it forward with the clutch pulled fully in. Does it roll with no resistance? Of yes, it's all in your head.

If you can feel resistance from the engine follow the steps in the post above mine.

Every sportbike i have owned has done the same...a little....how bad is yours? Got a video? . Only my harley did not do it.

When was the last oil change and what did you use?

Motorcycle transmissions with wet clutches vary greatly when engaging 1st gear from neutral. Could be normal for your bike.

Does it do it when only cold or at operating temp, or both?
It's possible your clutch could need adjustment but don't over-adjust it or you'll burn it up.
Also, idle speed can affect engagement.

both of my main bikes (950 and 1290 KTM's) are hard to push when in gear with the clutch pulled in. They have both always been like that since new. Could be the hydraulic clutch?

Pretty much every bike I've had will have a slight bump when put into gear at a stop from neutral. Nothing like it's going to keep moving but for sure you can tell when it drops into gear.

I have had bikes that "jerk" a little bit when putting them in gear and I think it's fine as long as it does not jerk forward. If it goes forward the clutch is not properly engaging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I fixed it I think. There was a half inch of play in the cable at the hand lever it was loose. Tightened it up and it is good to go. I think. Will try it out in a little bit.

It is strange though When I fully grip the lever the bike is still hard to roll. I may have to take it to a shop.

I fixed it I think. There was a half inch of play in the cable at the hand lever it was loose. Tightened it up and it is good to go. I think. Will try it out in a little bit.

It is strange though When I fully grip the lever the bike is still hard to roll. I may have to take it to a shop.
Make sure you lube your cables from time to time, they will last a lot longer.

Back
Top Bottom