• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

My clutch won't disengage.

So, Im coming home from work and when I go to start from a stop sign, my clutch pedal dropped to the floor with almost no resistance except for the last couple inches. I was able to force it into gear but a short while later it wouldn't go into gear and I found myself in the side of the road. The clutch pedal sinks like a rock. I checked the reservoir and it was low so, I topped it off. Still no pressure. Maybe there's air in a line? Ill bleed it but, if that doesn't work does anyone know what I should check next?
yep bad slave cyclinder..if wet or really dirty black then replace.possible line may ave a pinhole or rub spot replace them both

tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_14_11_28_c23c59cb51bf3b6476a3c9d1ee2b1495.jpg

Think I found the leak. Looks like it's been leaking for a good while judging by the carpet. I was able to bleed the system a little bit and I drove the car around the block. I can only guess how long it would run like that. Looks like Ill be going to Autozone in the am and hopefully replacing the master cylinder before work.

Might as well do the line too...would suck to get new parts pushing full pressure only to have an old rubber line burst and leave you stranded again

Unless his car has an internal slave cylinder

Then you gotta drop the trans to replace it

Also double check what kind of fluid goes in it

Most cars use brake fluid

Some Jeeps use proprietary fluid avail only at he stealership and brake fluid will eat up the seals

Knocked out the master cylinder this morning. My cars back on the road. Ill do the slave and replace the line with a steel braided one this weekend. Thanks for the help my odt brethren.
tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_14_11_29_4da036a4c747ed5793d1908e886ffd57.jpg
tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_14_11_29_04f0b7adccba77c482f0cbaa531993f3.jpg
tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_14_11_29_74d4d8ce589a4abfc91b24b71425e5af.jpg

Back
Top Bottom