• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My First AR Build . . . HELP!

BullseyeBoomer

Default rank <1250 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
120   0
Reaction score
Hello my fellow AR fans...

I got a good deal on a PSA "Premium" upper with 20" barrel and rifle length gas tube. I'd like to install it on a Spikes Tactical lower that came with an M4 carbine buffer, 6-position tube, and spring assy. My question is this: Is the carbine buffer and spring compatible with the rifle length upper's gas impulse?

The second question I have is this: is there any way to make the carbine buffer, tube, and spring work with an A2 fixed butt stock? I'd like to build this rifle to resemble a Vietnam era M-16, but I understand the carbine buffer, tube, and spring may not be compatible with the A2 fixed butt stock. Or should I just buy an A2 butt stock, buffer, tube, and spring as a complete kit?

Any thoughts or advise would be much appreciated.

Semper Fi!

Hello my fellow AR fans...

I got a good deal on a PSA "Premium" upper with 20" barrel and rifle length gas tube. I'd like to install it on a Spikes Tactical lower that came with an M4 carbine buffer, 6-position tube, and spring assy. My question is this: Is the carbine buffer and spring compatible with the rifle length upper's gas impulse?

The second question I have is this: is there any way to make the carbine buffer, tube, and spring work with an A2 fixed butt stock? I'd like to build this rifle to resemble a Vietnam era M-16, but I understand the carbine buffer, tube, and spring may not be compatible with the A2 fixed butt stock. Or should I just buy an A2 butt stock, buffer, tube, and spring as a complete kit?

Any thoughts or advise would be much appreciated.

Semper Fi!
Not compatible. You'll need to swap out the receiver extension, buffer & spring for a rifle extension, rifle buffer and rifle length spring.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

IMG_0107.JPG
Your best bet is to get the A2 stock, tube and spring. The carbine tube has the adjustable notches that will not fit in an A2 stock. The buffer you will need a rifle type.
Good luck with your build.

Here's mine

View attachment 1223886 Your best bet is to get the A2 stock, tube and spring. The carbine tube has the adjustable notches that will not fit in an A2 stock. The buffer you will need a rifle type.
Good luck with your build.

Here's mine
Good looking rifle! That's what I want mine to look like when I'm done... Thanks for the info!

Back
Top Bottom