• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My first Deer!

BrunswickStu

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
33   0
Reaction score
Just recently getting into hunting with some friends. Ended up getting to our land later then planned yesterday morning. They day hadn't gone as planned so far, but that changed when a group of 8-10 doe came over the hill and started working their way into the field the stand overlooks.

i42.tinypic.com_b4i3jq.jpg

Shot at about 80 yards with a .223. Went through both lungs and out the other side. She fell about 30 yards away (conveniently right next to one of our trails)

you catch it in a trap by the neck? lol j/k That thing would bo a lot easier to gut hanging by the back legs!

My friend taught me this way, and i have to say it works pretty well, just slice down the gut and everything pretty much falls out on its own. I was by myself, and this was my first time doing it after watching him do it once and explain it to me. The whole process took abut 15 minutes, and i was being VERY careful not to puncture the stomach (I hear thats not fun).. Much easier than loading it in the truck by myself lol

My friend taught me this way, and i have to say it works pretty well, just slice down the gut and everything pretty much falls out on its own. I was by myself, and this was my first time doing it after watching him do it once and explain it to me. The whole process took abut 15 minutes, and i was being VERY careful not to puncture the stomach (I hear thats not fun).. Much easier than loading it in the truck by myself lol
ya know it's legal to shoot those with a bow, rifle, blackpowder and even crossbow... you don't have to hang it to kill it... J/K great harvest buddy. Hope you're as addicted as I am!!

Back
Top Bottom