My Marlin 1894 is finally(almost) complete

hops2899

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
117   0
Reaction score
Like a dummy, I failed to take before pictures of this project so I will just do a rundown and let you picture it yourself. I bought this little gem after it had been tactified with the following items: 6-15x? chinese scope that ran halfway down the barrel, some sort of plastic hand guards wood screwed to the 1895 fore end(which was glued to the barrel and mag tube) , a plastic bipod, muzzle ground down crooked approximately 1/8", 1895 butt with plastic cartridge carriers as found in a box of 30-06 ammo wood screwed to both sides, plastic cheek piece wood screwed on as well, and finally a 1" recoil pad that had approximately 1/4" overhang. Well, I wanted to keep cost minimal so I kept the incorrect wood but made it fit and repaired the broken fore end tip and the screw holes. The muzzle was trued by one of one of my mechanic buddies. The buttplate was donated by my Marlin 60 and required almost no fitting, the white spacer was part of an old Autozone sign. While the fat fore end doesn't feel as good or look as nice as original, it is ok. I used a Marbles bullseye for the rear and highly recommend them for folks like me with bad eyes and a dislike of scopes on leverguns. Zar Mahogany was used on the wood(can't recommend that enough, but not on birch). I mixed tung and linseed and applied for a week. I am waiting for a front sight that will work(Brownells sent the wrong part) and can't wait to shoot it. If all is well, you will find my other 1894 listed soon.

Attachments

• project1894.jpg
    project1894.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 28
  • project1894-2.jpg
    project1894-2.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 23
Back
Top Bottom