• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My new brass cannon

That link shows the largest diameter you can get over a foot long is 3" diameter.
A six-foot piece of that would set you back $1000.
A yard-long barrel from that 3" brass would be $560.

yep. That website has several grades of metal available up to 6” diameter. Some are much cheaper than that page while others are even more pricey. I’m not sure what grade would be needed to make a cannon

A 3" dia 3' long brass cannon would be sweet. Bore it out to shoot billiard balls. Then wait for the civil war to start. Ive been doing a lot of studying up on cannons. Definitely gonna build one.

A 3" diameter couldn't fire billiard balls, which are 2.25" diameter themselves.
That would mean the walls of your gun barrel would only be 0.37" thick.
That won't hold the pressure of actual use with black powder.

We have made several......of them. The biggest one has a bore of 1.375 and uses 1/2 pound of powder per shot. We don't shoot any projectiles out of it. We use it only as a noise maker. We were told this year not to shoot it anymore, because it scared too many people on July 4th. My favorite one has a .625 bore.

We have made several......of them. The biggest one has a bore of 1.375 and uses 1/2 pound of powder per shot. We don't shoot any projectiles out of it. We use it only as a noise maker. We were told this year not to shoot it anymore, because it scared too many people on July 4th. My favorite one has a .625 bore.
Who told you not to shoot it?

Back
Top Bottom