• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

My new CMP Garand arrived yesterday

daytonlawvol

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
57   1
Reaction score
Had requested an HRA receiver, got a Springfield...no big deal. I have another M1 Springfield with USGI stock and has the been there done that, but taken care of look. This new one dates to April 1944 with the new CMP wood. Although I am a huge history buff who likes his guns left alone and how they are supposed to look....this one has a clean look to it that I am digging for some reason. The best part about this gun is that it has an LMR barrel....widely thought to be of the very very best barrels ever put on an M1 Garand. The CMP is not taking orders again but will again sometime probably after the new year....then the dreaded July 2017 date looms, as CMP has been on record stating that is their best guess of when they are done selling Garands unless a new shipment comes in unexpectedly, but it wont be for long or in any great numbers like before. If you want the opportunity to buy a Garand for under $1000 bucks.....you are running out of time.

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=198713&goto=newpost

Congratulations! Hand rub BLO into wood and it will look even better just use a bit on the finger tips let it dry 24 hrs and repeat.

Nice rifle LMR is a great barrel

Good looking M1. I picked up an M1D with new CMP wood and am now on the third coat of BLO. It is looking good. CMP Stores implemented a new rule this week. No more shipping of rifles purchased in store. You have to pay local & state sales tax of 10% and take the rifle with you.

Good looking M1. I picked up an M1D with new CMP wood and am now on the third coat of BLO. It is looking good. CMP Stores implemented a new rule this week. No more shipping of rifles purchased in store. You have to pay local & state sales tax of 10% and take the rifle with you.

In for pics when your finished

Dammit man!!!

Dang, good to know. thx

Back
Top Bottom