• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

My new Sig Sauer P-250 Compact 9mm

sinac84

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
187   0
Reaction score
So, I did the unthinkable and traded my Citadel 1911 compact .45acp in for a Sig P-250 compact in 9mm. What made me want to trade for the Sig was the awesome ergonomics with the grip and fit, finish and feel of the pistol. It has a good front heavy feel that makes muzzle flip less of an issue. Its has a 15+1 round cap. Awesome DOA trigger which is long but it makes me really think about how my sight picture looks and actually helps me be more accurate. I haven't done any double or triple taps yet because I'm wanting to reprogram my finger for the DOA. You have a longer reset on the trigger which is ok. With practice I'll be able to shoot this thing fast. I do plan on investing in the Sig caliber x-change kit and get it in .45 acp. This will allow me to swap between 9mm and .45 with changing the "fire control system" between frames and slides. Besides, 9mm is cheaper to practice with. You just cannot deny the awesome power of the .45 acp as a carry round.

So far I have put 200 flawless rounds though the P-250. Very happy with my trade. The gun looks awesome too. Holster choices are very limited but I found something that works well. I was disappointed that it came with only 1 mag and extra mags cost about $40. However, they appear to be built like tanks. Also, the weight of the gun makes it much better for CC than my 1911, feels like half the weight even with 15+1 rounds. I know I'm going the "honey moon fase" but I really can't find anything I don't like about the pistol. Besides lack of holsters and mags being about $40 per, it appears to be as good as Sig Sauers are known to be. I have read that when the P-250 was introduced like 6 or so years ago people had issues but I also read that Sig went back and corrected the issues.

Anyway, to the pic.

i380.photobucket.com_albums_oo246_sinac84_2011_08_19_12_48_26_289.jpg

First 50 rounds at about 10 yards
i380.photobucket.com_albums_oo246_sinac84_2011_08_19_12_46_22_882.jpg

Back
Top Bottom