• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My new toy.

Boz1911

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
404   0
Reaction score
[Broken External Image]:

Wifey wasn't very excited when I brought this home but she'll get over it.........I hope

It's a 2003 (last year imported to US) Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird. 15000 miles and immaculate, the seller didn't lie for a change. Haven't rode it but up the street and back but damn she sounds sweet. When these came out in 97 they were the fastest motorcycles in the world. 164HP / 168MPH. Since that time a few other scooters have surpassed her but she's still plenty fast. Good time to buy but not to ride.

[Broken External Image]:

Wifey wasn't very excited when I brought this home but she'll get over it.........I hope

It's a 2003 (last year imported to US) Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird. 15000 miles and immaculate, the seller didn't lie for a change. Haven't rode it but up the street and back but damn she sounds sweet. When these came out in 97 they were the fastest motorcycles in the world. 164HP / 168MPH. Since that time a few other scooters have surpassed her but she's still plenty fast. Good time to buy but not to ride.

Anything over 80mph is too fast...take it from a guy who's had the crotch rockets and now rolls the pavement with an 800lb cruiser. :)

...and the tree of shame...

The Tail claimed my first 'Vette. Early morning, dew on the road and a crowned curve. The damned mountain jumped right out in front of me!

Yep..I live on Fort Mountain hwy 52, went down 3 yrs ago and had to be life flighted to Eirlanger. Found out I had a stroke and blacked out..I miss riding, have been riding for 50 yrs..Ride safe

Idk about the fastest in the world at that time at 168, I had an 03 R6 that I hit 172 mph on one day and that wasn't pegged out. I'm pretty sure your new baby will pass that, but don't do it!! Damn was I stupid looking back! I miss it bad but with a family now, I don't think it's worth the risk of having to fight the urge of that adrenaline rush. Stay safe!

Edit: I just re read your post and seen you said in 97 when they came out, my bad!

Last edited:
Anything over 80mph is too fast...take it from a guy who's had the crotch rockets and now rolls the pavement with an 800lb cruiser. :)
See the sad part is... with these bikes, youre not having ANY fun until after 80...

Idk about the fastest in the world at that time
He meant to say "fastest PRODUCTION bike"

Back
Top Bottom