• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My new toy.

the xx is a very nice bike. A buddy has one and uses it on the track every so often (he and I were beginner class instructors for a SE track day group for a while). He also took his gold wing on the track a lot. good fun to be leading around the novices with the music going... :)

I've had sport bikes, cruisers, dirt bikes and mostly dual sports these days. big and small versions of most. nothing like running 170mph on a sport bike at full chat. I always laugh about the differences between the sport bikes and cruisers. Most cruisers if you are going 90+mph you are taking your life in your hands (semi unstable, poor brakes, takes a while to get there, etc. etc.). But on a decent sport bike (my last 08 CBR1000rr), 100mph is the end of first gear and even 150 is one handed riding if you want to. My road king much over 90 and it's just not happy. But it wasn't designed to do that, it's best just cruising around enjoying the scenery and the ride.

but if you really want to enjoy it and learn it's potential, do a track day with a good organization. you'll learn a lot and it's the best way to improve your riding. My wife only rode on the street a few times but did many track days on my old Hawk and then her Street Triple R. much safer than street riding. I still take my harley out for sunday rides, but mostly play in the woods these days. I'm sure one of these days I'll get another sport bike (1290 Super Duke R anyone?) but for now I"m pretty happy with my garage...

Finally got to ride her a few minutes at lunch yesterday. Holy crap she is fast. Being as my last motorcycle was a Harley Road Glide that may or may not break a 100, this will take a little getting used to.

Here's my actual scooter:

PB230013.jpg
Come on, need some decent weather......

Back
Top Bottom