my rant about people...cow patty special.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you pay for any of the pieces?

Write down that cost (not your time) and hand it to him and say you'd like to be paid for your expenses.

If he bought them and you did all the work, then consider it paying it forward.

Life's too short to worry about **** like this.

I often help folks that I don't know well, I always take the approach that I won't be paid back / reimbursed, that way I'm never upset when it doesn't happen. Like loaning cash to family members, I never think of it as a loan, I just look at it as a gift

I often help folks that I don't know well, I always take the approach that I won't be paid back / reimbursed, that way I'm never upset when it doesn't happen. Like loaning cash to family members, I never think of it as a loan, I just look at it as a gift

That's how I am. If you bought stuff for the guys truck I'd at least ask for that back, its the least he could do.

Maybe he knows he can't pay you and just hopes you'll be kind and forgive the debt publically. If you're not out any money, tell him in front of other people that he don't owe you anything, then see what happens. Don't talk about him to other people cause that only makes you smaller. I would bet that in due time he'll try to repay you. Sometimes it helps to treat a stranger like you would your best friend.

'' its funny that he identifies
himself as a christian.''

I had a similar problem one time . I showed up at his church on Sunday morning and sat right beside him . I even held the offering plate for him for a minute . Never said a word to him . He paid me Monday first thing .

Don't let them Christians get you down .

That's how I am. If you bought stuff for the guys truck I'd at least ask for that back, its the least he could do.

Nothing wrong with a friendly reminder about what he spent, might get paid back; In my experience, something else always comes up & there is a reason they'll have to wait until the next pay check

Man up and confront him about it. But you need to go in expecting to still walk away with nothing. He needs to answer for himself though. Everyone nowdays is a "christian". Walk the walk...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom