• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

My S&W Model 36

UGAgirl09

Default rank <15 posts
Outdoorsman
1   0
Reaction score
Hi guys/gals, just wanted to share a pic of my revolver. I inherited this when my grandfather passed away. It's a snubnose S&W model 36 5-shot .38spl j-frame.

I enjoy shooting it at the range and am looking to get my GA Weapons Carry License, ASAP.

Hope ya'll enjoy the gun pic! Thanks for this cool forum to participate in. I hope to learn much and maybe contribute when I can.

i66.photobucket.com_albums_h250_TheyHateMe_SW36_1.jpg

That's an excellent carry gun.
They're overlooked a lot in today's world but it will do its job if you do yours.
I'm picking one up tomorrow with a 3" barrel that I've owned before to use in our classes.
Great little gun.

Last edited:
One of the most accomplished instructors I know who is also one of the two names that come up in regards to snub-nose revolvers carrys a model 36 very much like yours.
Revolvers are a very effective and often under utilized defensive tool. I wish you the best of luck and if you're interested would be happy to put you in touch with the above mentioned instructor, who happens to be local to the Atlanta area.

Cool picture!

I have two J-frames like the one you have...an older Model 36, and it's lightweight cousin the Model 37. There are a lot of people who swear by these little guns for personal protection even now...

Nice little gun...and welcome to the forum!

Back
Top Bottom