• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Mya got it done this evening in Whitesburg! Her first buck ever!!!

24on48hunting

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Deer Hunting Junkie
215   1
Reaction score
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
The evening started out windy and rather warm. We got settled into the blind at about 4:00. This food plot doesn't get much activity until the last hour of daylight so we made the most of our down time. One of our other club members shot at and missed a big 8 at 6:45, just a couple ridges over from us. At 7:03, I spot movement in the corner of the plot. This buck comes out into the plot and starts working his way from right to left. He was 50 yards and broadside so Mya got lined up on him and sent a 55 grain Barnes TSX through the deer's boiler room. He left the plot looking like he was hit hard. The ground cover was still soaked from the rain today so blood was hard to see. The blood trail started out kind of sparse for the first 65 yards but the blood got heavy right at the end. Once the blood trail turned and went down hill I knew he wouldn't be far. 100 yards of tracking on my hands and knees in the pitch dark led me right to that white belly. What a sight!! Her shot was perfect, center-punching the heart and taking out both lungs. God is good that's all that I can say. He answered my little girl's prayers today and rewarded her with a great first buck. I'm so proud!!!

Back
Top Bottom