• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mystery SKS

troubleman

Default rank <500 posts Supporter
Survivalist
57   0
Reaction score
So, I have an interesting question about an SKS rifle I acquired here on the ODT. It was advertised as a Norinco, but it has no Chinese markings, only a serial number. Also, it came with a blade bayonet; I thought Norincos had spike bayonets. So, do all Norincos have Chinese markings of some kind? Do they all have spikes, or do some have blades? What say you ODT, inquiring minds want to know...

You have what is called a sino soviet sks.
As stated before some had no Chinese markings but have Russian markings on the barrel.
Only a few were marked with Chinese markings later in production. Then they went to all Chinese markings.

To make sure need to see pics of serial and base of barrel without hand guard on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here ya go...

Attachments

• 20171125_140303.jpg
    20171125_140303.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 54
  • 20171125_140248.jpg
    20171125_140248.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 53
That looks to be a Late run Just before marking them with Chinese Numbers.
The only Assembly numbers I see are the 2 (the number 24) for the Receiver and Barrel, that just means that barrel is Original to that receiver.
Nice example of a Sino Soviet SKS from 1959 (your date code is 1959 FYI).
How you do this is the first Number in your serial add to 1956 for date of Manufacture.

History of these rifles:
In 1956, when Russia ended production of the SKS at the Tula Arsenal, they shipped the tooling's, spare parts and specification to China along with technical advisors, who helped set up the manufacturing and training of the Chinese workers at Jianshe Arsenal (aka factory 26).

That looks to be a Late run Just before marking them with Chinese Numbers.
The only Assembly numbers I see are the 2 (the number 24) for the Receiver and Barrel, that just means that barrel is Original to that receiver.
Nice example of a Sino Soviet SKS from 1959 (your date code is 1959 FYI).
How you do this is the first Number in your serial add to 1956 for date of Manufacture.

History of these rifles:
In 1956, when Russia ended production of the SKS at the Tula Arsenal, they shipped the tooling's, spare parts and specification to China along with technical advisors, who helped set up the manufacturing and training of the Chinese workers at Jianshe Arsenal (aka factory 26).

Good to know. Thanks for the info.

Back
Top Bottom