Navy Yard Shooter on psychoactive Drugs.....

jcountry

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
13   0
Reaction score
Here we have another guy who was on psychoactive drugs and shoots up a place:

http://www.infowars.com/media-buries-psychiatric-drug-connection-to-navy-shooter/

And just look at the correlation between school shooters are psychoactive drugs:

http://beforeitsnews.com/health/201...-all-linked-to-psychiatric-drugs-2464466.html

I think our mental health system is completely broken. Here are two major reasons:

-The ACLU effectively shut down state mental institutions via lawsuits back in the 90s. (There is no question that this guy and the Newtown shooter would have definitely have been institutionalized back in the day.) No telling how many of those school shooters should have also been institutionalized. No question most of them would have been before the ACLU ****ed things up.

-HIPA is a mess. Clinton's signing of HIPA (which prevents the sharing of any health information without the patient's consent) is a complete disaster when it comes to psychiatric illness. A Dr. should be able to let the family know what is going on. A mentally ill patient is still in charge of all their health information-even if they are delusional. And this delusional person has to somehow be lucid enough to give the Dr. written permission to communicate his concerns and things to watch for with family?! This needs to change!

How much more of this crap will be put up with before we realize it is not right for insane people to be the judge and jury of their own treatment? Insane kids should not be mainstreamed with the other students. Insane adults should not be out in society with no oversight at all.

Last edited:
good luck with this crowd getting credit with those sources! and are you saying that the gov shouldbe able to overstep your decision in not taking a medication? im not on board with that.

Slippery slope. You would be pretty much ****ing over every combat veteran or police officer that has ever had a issue. There are many many more than you can imagine and they have never hurt anyone or been remotely even considered a threat.

I'm not okay with institutionalizing someone against their will who has a treatable condition. And with care these can be mostly treated.

I'd rather protect that freedom and make sure the gov couldn't essentially lock people away.

Liberty>security

I can see the downsides that y'all bring up as well. I don't think doctors should be able to make the information public on anyone's condition. There are stringent oversights in place if the caregiver thinks someone is a danger to themselves or others....which is where this guys condition was. I have read that he was hearing voices , etc., . Nobody that is that diluted and has anger issues also should have been to walk away from a psych without someone knowing. He was a vet( I don't know if active) and had ccw permits and access to weapons.
But then again...hindsight and Monday morning quarterbacking is always perfect !
Some doctors can make a mountain out of a molehill also... Over acting on any part is a danger too.

Im not sure any answer covers the bases perfectly.

I believe strongly in patient/dr confidentiality as well. explain to me how a physician could uphold his/her oath to keep what you tell them private(unless doing harm to themselves or others) with the gov hovering over them. people are going to kill people in coldblood unfortunately... its sad that innocents become victims. but I haven't heard one single proposition for preventative measures that made sense. but by all means, enlighten me. because your idea onlyinspires fear. If I knew there were the possibility of a dr (whom I have 0 trust in anyway) could institutionalize someone because their opinion said someone was crazy---- I would be more vague than I am with a leo. as would most, countering the entire plan

I can see the downsides that y'all bring up as well. I don't think doctors should be able to make the information public on anyone's condition. There are stringent oversights in place if the caregiver thinks someone is a danger to themselves or others....which is where this guys condition was. I have read that he was hearing voices , etc., . Nobody that is that diluted and has anger issues also should have been to walk away from a psych without someone knowing. He was a vet( I don't know if active) and had ccw permits and access to weapons.
But then again...hindsight and Monday morning quarterbacking is always perfect !
Some doctors can make a mountain out of a molehill also... Over acting on any part is a danger too.

Im not sure any answer covers the bases perfectly.
my point perfectly stated

This is very true, Omega, you raise fine points. I also have very little to no trust in dr.s as well. I say there is no real solution. This type of crap is going to happen no matter what....unfortunately. I would rather have my privacy and liberties than trust them to a dr, or gov't official....ever. :)

Back
Top Bottom