• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Need a backhoe and operator..Got it covered thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.jpeg

I think two years ago and it has been a pain in my ass ever since. Constantly turns green and fish dying off left and right until a month ago when the last one croaked.
Yep.

fyi if you wish to keep it, it sounds like you need a pump or possibly an aerator. You can stop it turning green with simple treatments to kill the algea (very very cheap) but if your fish are dying down here it is most likely due to low oxygen levels (below 5mg/l). you can get a home kit to test if you wish for cheap, but I maintained professionally for a couple years and will prob be getting back into it soon and I can tell you ponds in Georgia (esp small ponds like yours) will drop their o2 levels VERY quickly and very low in the summer due to the heat and this will kill off pretty much anything. you can add in an aerator which will solve the o2 issues and as long as the water is moving to some degree it will limit the algae growth. there are other options but these are the easiest if you felt like keeping it.

fyi if you wish to keep it, it sounds like you need a pump or possibly an aerator. You can stop it turning green with simple treatments to kill the algea (very very cheap) but if your fish are dying down here it is most likely due to low oxygen levels (below 5mg/l). you can get a home kit to test if you wish for cheap, but I maintained professionally for a couple years and will prob be getting back into it soon and I can tell you ponds in Georgia (esp small ponds like yours) will drop their o2 levels VERY quickly and very low in the summer due to the heat and this will kill off pretty much anything. you can add in an aerator which will solve the o2 issues and as long as the water is moving to some degree it will limit the algae growth. there are other options but these are the easiest if you felt like keeping it.
Pond is gone gone.

IMG_3482.JPG
IMG_3483.JPG
IMG_3484.JPG

Umm yeah, I don't think you realize how much dirt there is to move. Sure, I'll pay you 200 bucks to fill it in bring your shovel. Probably take you a week to move all the dirt. Working non stop. Or I could pay a guy with a backhoe 4 or 500 bucks and have it done in a half hour.

Umm yeah, I don't think you realize how much dirt there is to move. Sure, I'll pay you 200 bucks to fill it in bring your shovel. Probably take you a week to move all the dirt. Working non stop. Or I could pay a guy with a backhoe 4 or 500 bucks and have it done in a half hour.

Oh no, I know exactly how much dirt is there. That is why I am recommending for YOU to use a shovel. :boink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom