• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need a good Fishing lake around the Newnan area

dakota

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
94   0
Reaction score
I want to take my son fishing and I need suggestions of where we can do some "on the bank" fishing around the Newnan area. Your help is needed....
Thanks

Lots of area to fish in around West Point lake in Lagrange. I have never fished in it though.

Depends on when brother.

There is a reservoir towards palmetto on US29. BT Brown. Decent fishing. Free fishing but pay a little to park.

There is a pay lake (Demooneys) out off Fulton Industrial towards Union City kinda. 10 bucks a person to fish. Stocked regularly. Tons of smaller catfish...all the way up to a few that are rumored to touch 100lbs. AWESOME carp fishing as well.

Hope that helps man. Enjoy

Haven't fished it in a few years but there's a pay lake in Lawrenceville called twin bridges lakes. Was $9-10 per person.

Take 85N to 316 to ga 20/Buford drive, turn left off 316. About a mile turn right onto hwy124. It's about 1 1/2-2 miles down on the right.

I was told it had a new owner since last time I went. It was constantly stocked with 1-3 pound cats, always held baby whales too. And of course there is PLENTY of big carp if your into them. The office there sold some carp Rigs that made it much easy to catch the big carp. There was two bridges on the lake ( hence the name). One of the bridges had the back side netted and separated from the rest of the lake. It was a kids only area that was HEAVY stocked.

Back
Top Bottom